Hello Parents we will have our new fall schedule up by Thursday, July 18th. Classes start August 4, 2012.
Hope everyone is enjoying their July! See you in August!
Rosemary will be teaching Zumba this Saturday, May 26 at 9:30am at Viva! Come join the party!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to all our students who graduated this year! We are so proud of all of you!!!
Viva Performing Arts Center will have normal classes on Saturday, May 26, 2012. The studio will be closed on Monday, May 28th for Memorial Day. Thank you
Just to remind all our families we are closed for dance classes and zumba classes this Saturday, April 7th! Have a very Happy Easter!!!
Oralia will sub for Rosemary’s Zumba Class today, Thursday, March 22 at 5:45pm Thank you
Oralia will sub today for Rosemarys March 20th Tuesday 5:45pm class.
Thanks to everyone who performed at the University of Arizona Book Festival on Saturday. We have another performance this Sunday, March 18 at 10:30am at Reid Park for the Elisa Gastellum’s Memorial Walk. Please keep posted to the hotline 219-6901 5. Thank you
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL OUR VIVA FAMILIES!!!
FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK ALL THE DANCERS AND FAMILIES THAT WENT UP TO PHOENIX FOR THE ARIZONA BEST FEST CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION! I COULDN’T HAVE BEEN MORE PROUD OF ALL OUR
DANCERS. THE PROFESSIONALISM…THE COSTUMES, THE DANCES…THE CHOREOGRAPHY WAS SO GREAT!! WE SHOULD ALL BE VERY PROUD OF OUR DANCERS AND OUR STUDIO AND CHISPA FOUNDATION
FOR REPRESENTING THE HISPANIC CULTURE FOR THIS HISTORICAL EVENT!! WE DO HAVE PHOTOS UP ON OUR VIVA ARIZONA FACEBOOK AND BALLET FOLKLORICO SAN JUAN FACEBOOK.
Lots of information to share…..please take the time to read:
1) All folklorico classes are canceled today- here is the rescheduled classes- Julie’s 5pm class will come on Saturday at 11am and Marilu’s 6pm class will be rescheduled to this Thursday at 7pm. The Ballet Folklorico Arizona class will not be rescheduled…your on a break from the Arizona best fest. Tonight some of our folklorico dancers are traveling back to Phoenix to perform at the huge Fandango Celebration since today is the actual birthday of Arizona.
2) Parents night out and Viva…fun night!! This Friday, Feb. 17th, 2012 from 6:30-10:30pm. If you don’t have a chance tonight to go out for valentines day…please consider this friday night and we’ll do all the babysitting. This night of fun is open to children 4yrs to high school age. We will be showing family friendly movies, playing games and eatting some pizza!! Children are welcome to bring a pillow, blanket and snacks. We would need to know of any allergy, medical problems and make sure we have your cell phone.
The babysitters are all the Zumba instructors and Viva Arizona dancers going to London. This is a fundraiser for the trip. The cost is $10 per child. It’s going to be a lot of fun….hope to see everyone on Friday night!!
3) Rodeo Fiesta….still in the planning stages…we will have a meeting next Monday night Feb. 20 at 7pm at the studio for any parents that are willing to come and help out.
4) Don’t forget to get your folklorico workshop paperwork in. We do have a limit of how many students can sign up for the classes. I strongly recommend my students to take these workshops.
5) Hip Hop Workshops on Thursday the day of the rodeo from 1pm to 3pm. $15 for our students….learn break dancing techniques and much more! Sign up at the studio
Thanks to all the parents that attended the CHISPA meeting last night. For those of you who couldn’t make it, we will be sending out minutes of the meeting by email. Thank you